Premature ejaculations is a common concern that many men experience at some point in their life. Premature ejaculations is when a man ejaculates sooner or immediately during intercourse, and can occur uncontrollably with minimal stimulation.
Premature ejaculations can happen sporadically, come on for a short amount of time, and then resolve itself on its own. However, if it is an ongoing occurrence, you should make an appointment with the specialists here at Male Clinic USA in order to identify any underlying health issues that could be contributing to your symptoms.
What Causes Premature Ejaculations?
If your symptoms occur infrequently, it is not cause for immediate concern. However, you could be diagnosed with premature ejaculation if you’re experiencing symptoms including:
- Consistently ejaculate within one minute of penetration
- Are not able to stop ejaculation during intercourse
- Are distressed and frustrated causing you to avoid sexual or intimate situations
Psychological and biological factors can contribute to premature ejaculation. Although this is a topic that many men are embarrassed to discuss, it is a common and treatable condition. In many cases, doctors contribute premature ejaculation to psychological issues including:
- History of sexual abuse
- Anxiety over erectile dysfunction
In some instances, this condition can be related to underlying medical issues including:
- Side effects from medications
- Hormonal issues
- Inflammation or infection of the urethra or prostate
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters (the chemicals in your brain)
Following a physical exam with our premature ejaculation clinic specialists, a blood test may be required to check your testosterone hormone levels, or other tests. In some instances, your doctor may suggest that you visit a urologist or mental health professional who specializes in sexual health and dysfunction.
Common treatments for premature ejaculation replacement therapy may include medications, counseling, or behavioral techniques. The replacement therapy for premature ejaculation is the most common treatments for premature ejaculation problems include:
- Behavioral techniques, like masturbating an hour before sex or avoiding sex for a certain period of time
- Pelvic floor exercises for more muscle control
- Condoms and topical creams that desensitize the penis
- Therapy or counseling to address psychological issues
- The pause-squeeze method where your partner squeezes the top of your penis when you want to ejaculate
Doctors have also considered prescribing antidepressant medications and medications used for erectile dysfunction which have proven success in correcting premature ejaculation.
If you are experiencing ongoing symptoms of premature ejaculation, it is time to take control of your sexual health and performance. Reach out to the specialists here at Male Clinic USA to learn more about our various treatment options for alleviating your symptoms. Contact us today and schedule your consultation towards reclaimed sexual health and experiences!